Friday, March 20, 2009

ONE YEAR TODAY!!!

That's right! Exactly one year ago my life changed just a smidge. But you sure wouldn't know it now. I act the same, I talk the same and I like to think I look the same!
Just wanted to again say thank you for all the things done for me over the past year bringing me back to where I am. Here are a few of them, but certainly not all of them!
-Nikki and Laura for starting this blog
-My parents, family and friends for visiting me in the hospital
-Everyone for sending treats, flowers, cards and posting notes on here
-My mom for moving in and taking care of me and Jake
-My girlfriends for visiting me and bringing cake
-My dad and brother for making the trip several times
-Larry and Joyce for making the even longer trip
-Everyone who put in a good word to the Lord above for me
-Nathan and Liz for bringing me food NOT from the hospital
-And finally, Jake for putting up with all my crap. The guy didn't know what he signed up for but with the grace of God he's been a rock.
Is the music starting to play yet? I feel like I'm thanking people when you win an Oscar...and to the producer of this wonderful film... :)
Oh, and a couple things I'd like to say I'm sorry for...my breath in the ICU, to mom and Jake for having to help with the voids and BMs, to my dad for telling him when I was out of it that he couldn't go home when he had to, to my mom again for repeatedly complaining about my hair-do, and to anyone I complained to about physical therapy being too hard!
Cheers to many more healthy years ahead.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Cheers and More!

tlfriga said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! Now, if you and Nikki will PLEASE calm these unforseen situations... My boys are missing "Grandma with the Trumpet" in major bad kinda ways! :) Webcams just don't cut it for them... Glad to see you back stronger than ever.